Monday, August 10, 2015

Crap Wars

So if you ever watch those "war" reality TV shows where people compete against each other, you'll know that they can get a little ridiculous. One of those such shows is "Craft Wars." The project I recently created was inspired by "Craft Wars." Every time my sister and I watched the show, we thought they were saying "Crap Wars," so we would laugh hysterically. 

I wanted to make a sign to designate our crafting area in our new house. I found a blank sign at my local Michael's. 
I measured and divided the board into equal parts according to the number of letters in "Crap Wars." I researched different font styles I liked online--I wanted a retro-style and something I could easily draw by hand. I made sure I used my ruler to help me along the way. 
Then I used the lines as a guide to cut out to use the paper as a stencil. An Exacto-Knife would work fine to cut out the letters. 
Next I drew the lines in pencil on the board. I used this as a starting point to fill in using Sharpies. Fine-tip Sharpies worked well. 
I liked the color-fade of these colors. It reminded me of a beach sunset. 
I think my sis liked her present for her 30th birthday! 

No comments: