Sunday, January 01, 2012

Dry Erase Calendar

Again, inspired by Pinterest and with the abundance of time these days (winter break ends tomorrow), I decided to take on this dry erase calendar project. 

I modified it to work with the frame I had. I found an 8x10" frame on sale at Staples for $4. In some ways, I wish I had found a larger frame. I wouldn't recommend doing this for anything smaller than 8x10" for the simple fact that it's more work. You have to measure out the space available for each square, which doesn't equal an easy 2x2" block as the original project suggests.

Supplies:
Frame (12x16" would work best)
Paint chips (choose your favorite colors)
Glue ( I used a scrapbooking glue stick, but even Elmer's would work)
Dry erase marker

Cut paint chips to the size needed. I cut and measured everything before I glued them down. I just used the paper already found inside of the frame to glue the chips down. If the frame does not come with one, you will need a sturdy piece of paper to glue all of the paint chips together.
I love how easy it is to change the calendar! It's a nice decorative piece. You can also add embellishments to the days of the week, since those are standard. I left them blank for now and drew on the glass with the dry easer marker. I might go back in and design something more permanent on the actual tiles later.

No comments: