Thursday, December 29, 2011

First Christmas Together Ornament


After perusing pins on Pinterest, I saw and loved an ornament idea, so I decided to make it for my lovely friend Jennifer who recently got married. I had saved her save the date card, wedding invitation, and little embellishments from the wedding day itself. 
 First take an empty ornament bulb. Be sure you can remove the top.Cut out the important details from the wedding invitations and any other documents you wish to preserve.  I used decorative scissors to cut out each piece. Roll the pieces of paper along a pencil so they will slide into the ornament. 
I bought this amazing glitter set from Martha Stewart. I chose the best colors that matched their invitation and poured an abundence of glitter! I have to admit, larger sized glitter works best.   
           
Then I hot-glued the lid on top. After that, I added a red bow to finish the ornament! It was a lot of fun to make, and I didn't feel bad throwing away the wedding invitation afterwards. I knew the event was preserved and the couple will have a little token to remember their very first Christmas together!
It was super easy to make and inexpensive. The inspiration of others on Pinterest is incredible! 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love it!!!!