Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring Break Crafting & Honey-Do's

During Spring Break, I had some extra time to complete some honey-do items. 

First, I started with a mirror that we had at our old house that was gold. We no longer wanted it to be gold, so the spray paint came out!
I used painters tape and newspaper to mask off the mirror area. I used 3M painters tape. 
We didn't want the spray paint to be flat, so we tried this Forged Hammered finish silver spray paint bought at the local hardware store. 
The end result was very nice! This Forged Hammered finish allows for any little imperfections to look natural. 

The next item I worked on was hanging the flag. We bought a nice mount for the the flag and used a standard mount for it. It's starting to look and feel like home!

Finally, I bought two hooks from Ikea to hang some folding chairs in the garage. 
It was a little hard to hang the hooks, but the overall effort was worth it! I think I'll buy a couple more to hang more chairs. These hooks will hold three chairs. 

No comments: